In the aftermath of the Arab Spring, Cesvi was the first Italian NGO to take action to support the population affected by the conflict in meeting their basic needs. Over the years, Cesvi has developed relevant expertise on migration and it has positioned itself as one of the most active Protection actors in Libya by addressing protection needs and promoting the resilience of migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, IDPs and vulnerable Libyans.
Since 2011, Cesvi has developed a solid expertise in General Protection, Child Protection, Gender-Based Violence and Education in Emergency through a set of activities aimed at preventing and responding to violence, exploitation and abuse against boys, girls, women and men, while promoting their rights.
Moreover, Cesvi is increasing its linkages to the formal education system and is actively engaged with CSOs to build their capacity and promote community-based support and inclusion mechanisms for the most vulnerable and marginalized groups. Cesvi also consistently works with the local authorities and international institutions to build and strengthen coordination and referral pathways.
- UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli)
- UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli, Misrata and Zwara)
- EU Trust Fund: PEERS: Protection Enabling Environment and Resilience Services (Misrata)
- EU-DG NEAR CSO: Strengthen the capacity of CSOs and informal groups in the South and East of Libya
The collaboration will start in September 2022.
The main duty station will be the Country office in Tunis (Tunisia), with a regular duty travel in Tunisia and in Libya (Tripoli, Misrata and other relevant locations), when security conditions allow it.
The Audit & Compliance Manager position reports to the Finance and Operations Coordinator. The position is responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through monitoring of risk, and supporting in the implementation and compliance monitoring of policies and procedures and providing the Finance and Operations Coordinator with relevant information conducive to sound decision making.
In particular, the Audit & Compliance Manager, under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Coordinator and in collaboration with the rest of the mission, will be responsible for:
- Supervising, organizing and handling Donors’ Audit and Expenditure verification or Country Audit needed for legal and registration purposes
- Set up and verification of the progress of action plans designed in agreement with Senior Management, to act upon Auditor’s recommendations, ensuring timely follow up
- Ensuring internal compliance of operation processes and actions with organizational policy, principles and procedures
- Monitoring the efficiency and effectivity of Internal Control systems
- Ad-hoc requests, projects, actions are the direction of the Finance and Operations Coordinator.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Supervising, organizing and handling Donors’ Audit and Expenditure verification or and Country Audit needed for legal and registration purposes (30%)
- Accountable for coordinating internal and external audit and expenditure verification in coordination with the Finance and Operations team, the SMT, and HQ according to Cesvi, and donor audit procedures
- Responsible for Cesvi’s Country Audit needed for the registration in coordination with the HQ.
2. Set up and verification of the progress of action plans designed in agreement with Senior Management, to act upon Auditor’s recommendations, ensuring timely follow up (10%)
- Responsible for Audit recommendations dashboard, follow up and implementation
- Structure audit recommendations tracking and ensuring relevant recommendations are implemented.
- Draw and reporting on action and monitoring plan for audit recommendations implementations
3. Ensuring internal compliance of operation processes and actions with organizational policy, principles and procedures (40%)
- Ensure operational processes in line with policies, principles, rules and procedures
- Ensures Country operations compliance in case of new policy and procedure approved by the HQ and upon request of the Regional Manager (e.g.: proposes actions plan for policy operationalization, proposes roles and responsibilities within the Country team, follows up and reports to the Regional Manager on the implementation status)
- Organize and plan ahead communication and documentation according to RACI matrix and Approval/authorization matrix, including the involvement of HQ functions, when needed, ensuring prior planning, and communication of request pipeline.
- Work with Project Managers on improving and enhancing tools, templates, procedures, cash flow and funding requests, reporting and capacity building.
- Support and promote in the roll out of mandatory and elective anti-fraud trainings, risk management strategies and the improvement of internal processes
- Liaise with HR for the organization of internal trainings on Cesvi Policies and principles and procedures or others.
4. Monitor the efficiency and effectivity of Internal Control systems (10%)
- Advise the Finance & Operations Coordinator on operational risk, reviewing and appraising the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of internal controls and procedures
- On the basis of External Audit/verification results/outcomes, advise on short, medium and long terms risks and risk mitigation suggested measures
5. Ad-hoc requests, projects, actions are the direction of the Regional Manager (10%)
- As per context/Need
- University degree in a relevant field: Finance, Business Admiration, or another relevant field.
- Master’s degree or other professional certification is desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years of job experience relevant to the function in a comparable environment with non-governmental organizations
- Tangible and demonstrable experience in finance, compliance and audit
- Knowledge and understanding of main donors’ rules (e.g.: UN agencies, EU, AICS, etc.)
- High level of IT skills (Office package)
- Good oral and written English
- Ability to prepare and deliver trainings in person or remote
- Ability and willingness to work in difficult places and in changing security scenarios with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strategic thinking and innovation
- Solid diplomatic skills: the ability to manage a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently
- Highly result oriented with the ability to manage workload and stress
- Flexible and with a positive attitude
- Broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post- conflict contexts
- Experience in functional and line management of both international and national staff in complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multi-cultural team
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.