In Mozambique, Cesvi has on-going rural development and resilience building projects.
Due to Idai Cyclone a rapid emergency response has been activated together with Alliance 2015 partners. Currently Cesvi is intervening in the Niamathanda district with emergency distributions. The ideal candidate will be able to work in any emergency response contexts.
The Emergency & Program Development Officer will be in charge to manage and develop relations with Donors and partners (national and international), promote Cesvi’s strategy and brand; identify funding opportunities and write winning proposals or negotiate new projects.
S/He will be in charge of coordinating all the writing process of a project including needs assessments, budget and field visits.
S/He will work in close coordination with, the Emergency Response Manager and Desk Officer of Cesvi HQs.
The collaboration will start in May 2019.
- S/He will represent Cesvi vis-à-vis Donors, partners (including Alliance2015), stakeholders, clusters and coordination body and fora, and any other appropriate networks aiming at raising Cesvi’s profile within the country;
- S/he will be in charge of maintaining an in-depth insight on donors and other stakeholders ‘strategies, activities and opportunities in-country (monitoring of calls, etc.)
- S/he will support to set the strategic vision and direction of
- Cesvi in the area to serve more people with the highest quality programming possible, and securing the necessary resources to ensure its realization, expanding Cesvi’s activities, and identifying new funding sources.
- S/He will take the lead in the development, drafting and consolidation of project proposals and fundraising documents in liaison with the HQ.
- S/He will mobilize relevant technical and field staff to ensure that proposals are developed in a cohesive and professional manner and in line with donor requirements, undertaking missions in the field, as necessary.
- Degree in International cooperation, Development studies or other related field
- 2 / 3 years’ working experience in developing countries as expatriate in the humanitarian sector, preferably with INGOs in emergency contexts
- Previous experience in start-up of INGOs humanitarian interventions in emergency contexts
- Strong writing skills and will bring a well-established track record of developing winning funding proposals to donors such as ECHO, AICS (Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development), UN Pooled Funds, OFDA.
- Proven ability in development of budgets for project proposals
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively in fragile environments
- Highly flexible with the ability to set priorities and change programmes according to issues that may arise
- Strong negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to build networks and partnerships
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Specific trainings in project proposal writing in the humanitarian context
- Previous working experience in Mozambique or Latin America
- Knowledge of Child Protection and / or Education in Emergency topics
- Experience and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Knowledge of Italian
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.