Professionals who want to work with us in disasters can join our emergency response roster.
During large-scale humanitarian crises a country office can be stretched, with additional capacity required. The roster helps our offices get the critical surge support needed when responding to emergencies.
We are inviting strong humanitarians with appropriate experience to apply to be a roster member so we can increase our pool of high-capacity staff to respond to emergencies at any given time.
Occasionally, CESVI has a need for various interim positions including the following throughout the three Regions that CESVI services: Africa and the Middle East, Latin America, Asia: HoM – Program Manager – Project Manager – Logistician – Emergency Response Officer.
If you are interested in short-term assignments and would like to be considered for future Emergency Roster/Interim positions, please apply.
- The Emergency Response Roster is composed by different experts with experiences in humanitarian contexts. In particular, the experts will be involved in the activities of:
- rapid assessments of the needs through different assessment modalities
- design of humanitarian activities to respond to the most urgent needs of the affected populations
- development of action plans and project proposals
- identification of donors and possible sources of funding
- providing technical inputs to design activities in the sectors of WASH, Shelter, Food Security, Nutrition, Health, Protection, Multi-purpose cash assistance
- logistic organization for distribution of relief items to beneficiaries
- identification of suppliers, respecting Cesvi procurement procedures
- recruitment of local staff and set-up of new offices
- This positions demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding, fast paced and often insecure environment.
- Extensive experience of working within a complex country program in an emergency response (disaster or conflict) or fragile state.
- Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree level (or equivalent field experience)
- Experience of managing multi-donor (including UN, ECHO, DFID and OFDA / USAID), multi-sector programs in a first phase response
- Excellent English language skills
- Demonstrated project cycle management skills, inclusive of work plan/ timeline/ deliverables/ budget tracking and course correction
- Proven experience in conducting needs assessment in disasters-affected areas;
- Proven experience in project proposals’ drafting and submssion
- Good French and/or Spanish languages skills
- Experience in setting and managing e-vouchers systema and/or cash trasfer projects
- Experience in monitoring, data collection and analysis (i.e. data collection for needs assessments, baseline/endline surveys, PDM), etc.
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Please note:due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application