Cesvi is active in Mozambique since 2000 with projects focused on health, environmental conservation, rural development and food security in Maputo, Gaza and Sofala province.
Together with its local partners, Cesvi is nowadays implementing 2 actions for the development of high-value agricultural products in 5 districts of Sofala Province – Nhamatanda, Gorongosa, Caia, Chemba and Maringue – in collaboration with the Direção Provincial de Agricultura and the financial support of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation and DEVCO.
ProGes: Promoção dá cadeia de valor do gergelim de Sofala is a 28-months action financially supported by DEVCO, aiming at strengthening value chain of high-value agricultural products in Nhamatanda, Sofala Province.
Project strategy is to increase small farmers’ knowledge, relational capacity and linkage with input suppliers, service providers and potential buyers, while improving agricultural production assets and farmer’s technical capacity. As a result of the project, farmers gain higher negotiation capacity for selling an increased quantity of agricultural products and private sectors partners gain stable and trusted providers of high-value products.
The collaboration is expected to start on November 2017.
The duty station is Beira.
The Head of Mission – Project Manager responds to Cesvi Desk Officer in the HQ.
As Head of Mission:
– S/He will represent Cesvi with Donors, partners (including Alliance2015), stakeholders, clusters and coordination body and fora, and any other appropriate network aiming at raising Cesvi profile within the country;
– S/he will attend meetings with local and international NGOs officers, private sector and civil society representatives, whenever required;
– S/he will work for the development of a strategy towards an expansion of the Programme in Sofala province;
– S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field;
– S/he will coordinate the international and national staff of Cesvi mission in Beira;
– S/he will guarantee proper communication and visibility to project activities in the full respect of Donor’s guidelines and Cesvi HQ communication strategy;
– S/He may assume the role of security manager.
As Project Manager:
– S/he will be responsible for the overall project management, implementation of the project(s) and for overseeing administration, accounting, procurement and staffing issues related to the project;
– S/he will oversee the planning and implementation of the activities and ensure that objectives are achieved and that appropriate quality, functioning and assistance is established and maintained for setting up policies, strategies and laws to comply with international conventions and standards;
– S/he will support the identification and planning of new proposals and project ideas to ensure the sustainability of the results achieved within the project framework and, in general, of Cesvi in Mozambique;
– S/he will provide adequate and timely technical guidance, supervision, capacity building and management support to the local partner and local staff and actors involved in the project;
– S/he will ensure that the right support is given in terms of identification of needs and existing competencies, development of curricula, coordination, supervision, facilitation support and progress assessment.
- Agriculture or Rural Development University degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in management, administration and implementation of agricultural development projects
- Excellent capacity to negotiate and resolve program/project/activity implementation and administration issues with appropriate stakeholders (i.e. Ministries, technical advisors, implementing partners, counterparts, peers)
- Experience in working with local NGOs and CBO’s with a participatory approach
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills, proven experience in networking and building effective partnerships
- Experience in building relations of trust with Local Authorities and Government Officials, including high ranking officers
- Experience/knowledge of main Donors (EU-DEVCO, Italian MFA, UN, others International)
- Excellent project writing and developing policies, plans, and strategies for implementation, if needed
- Proven experience in personnel management, and in capacity building of National/International staff
- Strategic thinking and innovation
- Communicative, analytical and problem solving personality
- Highly result oriented with the ability to manage workload and stress
- Flexible and with a positive attitude
- Fluency in Portuguese (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Computer literacy
- Proven knowledge of Mozambique’s agricultural development sector, including best practices suitable for project implementation;
- Previous experience in management of EU funded development actions
- Good administrative skills and abilities
- DIRE (autorização de residencia em Moçambique)
- Mozambicanor SADC Drivig Permit
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.