In Mozambique Cesvi’s main sector of intervention includes agriculture, with particular attention to the province of Sofala, in particular Beira where the office is based. Our interventions are funded by the Italian Agency of Cooperation and Development (AICS) and by the European Union (EU). We closely work with Local Partners and the Government.
The collaboration will start in January 2018.
Duty station: Beira, Sofala Province
The Administrator will respond to the Head of Mission (HoM) and to HQ Desk officer.
S/he will work in close collaboration with the Project Accountant and the PMs (both local and international).
The Administrator will work under the supervision of the Project Accountant based in HQ, and under the responsibility of the HoM, will be in charge of the administrative and finance issues.
S/he will be supporting the project staff in purchase and procedures aspects.
• Accountancy of projects and preparation of all donor financial reports
• Ensure adequate controls over cash & bank management
• Manage the finance department activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by Cesvi HQs and donors
• Closely monitor all financial activities, and inform the staff concerned
• Support the preparation of financial plans, forecasts, budget analysis in close collaboration with the PMs
• Support in procurements and purchase procedures
• Participation in the review, monitoring and capacity building of administrative local staff
• Assist Project Managers with preparation of donor budgets, to ensure compliance with donor regulations
• Be responsible of the correct store of documents and project’s goods
Degree in Economics or at least 1 year post qualification experience in a finance/accounting role overseas in the NGO sector
Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (UE, ECHO, MAE, etc.)
Budgeting and financial management skills
Accountancy skills and ability to prepare financial reports
Knowledge and experience in purchases and procurement procedures
Good organizational and time management skills
Flexible and with a positive attitude
Proactive attitude in problem solving
Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programmes such as Word and Excel as well accounting packages & other database competencies
Knowledge of English written and spoken
Knowledge of Portuguese written and spoken
Understanding of development issues and the organizational goals
Knowledge of Italian written and spoken
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.