Due to the high humanitarian needs caused in Haiti by several unpredictable conditions, CESVI is providing assistance to the most affected population, planning at the same time programs oriented to resilience and nexus between humanitarian and development phases.
The collaboration will take place in Les Cayes.
In this context, the figure sought is an operator who can support with his experience in the crucial areas of management, particularly logistics and management in general. The Operations Manager is part of a detailed organizational chart and relates with CESVI HQ (Area Manager and Area Administrative Coordinator) to support management and processes in Haiti.
The Operations Manager (OM) contributes to supporting the management of the overall program ensuring effective and efficient systems support Les Cayes office management (downsizing of the office)
Reporting to the Head of Mission (HoM), the OM is responsible for coordinating and managing the support systems (Administration, Logistics,).
The OM is aware of, understands, and ensures compliance with CESVI’s policies and procedures. Represents CESVI to relevant external stakeholders as necessary.
Main duties & responsibilities:
Logistics and Office Management
• Check that logistics systems including warehouse storage, control of and reporting on the use of supplies/items are carried out in accordance with CESVI and Donor procedures and policies
• Ensuring a safe place for the storage of documents during the downsizing of the office (including the shipment of selected documents to HQ)
• Ensuring any contracts (rent, cars or any facilities) is properly closed
• Ensuring a clear, well-documented paper trail in systems file
• Supervise all process linked to Items donations and handover in relation to drowning of office
• in agreement with HOM, support all process dedicated to inform authorities of the Cesvi downsizing – including any kind of action requested for registration of Cesvi
Finance and HR management
In agreement with HOM, support to Field team in:
• the preparation of the cash flow needed and the Requests for Funds or Requests for Payment to the HQ
• Budget and forecast update management for the implementation of the closing activities
• Ensure all the payments are done in time based on the last pending committed expenses, including taxes
• Ensuring the closing of HR contracts is properly done
• Other relevant actions requested by HQ as per Cesvi Procedures
• University and/or Master degree in Economy, Supply chain management, International Development, International Relations and/or Political Science
• Minimum of 6 years of job experience in logistics and procurement, in a comparable environment with non-governmental organizations Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures
• Strong budgeting, financial management and accountancy skills
• Experience in functional and line management of staff, in a complex environment
• Ability for rapid analysis of very complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic learning and priorities into operational strategies
• Ability to rapidly translate into operational arrangement programmatic needs in order to ensure smooth continuity of the operation
• Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multi ethnic team
• Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building and adaptability
• Prior experience in delivering outputs according to tight deadlines
• Excellent organizational and planning skills. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to working in a changing environment.
• Willingness to travel frequently to rural field locations and experience fairly basic conditions
• Knowledge of French
• Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programs such as Word and Excel as well accounting packages & other database competencies
• Prior working experience in Haiti
• Prior working experience in an emergency setting
• Experience in field base management
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi’s commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at the applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their applications.