Since 2011, Cesvi operates in Libya, being the first Italian NGO to act by providing humanitarian aid facing up to the emergency and to the needs arising from the conflict. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff was temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote that was lately settled in Tunisia. In 2018, following the improvement of security situation, the managerial staff resumed its presence in the country with regular visits to Cesvi premises and ensuring monitoring of the ongoing activities.
Cesvi works in two geographical areas: Tripoli (with very likely expansion to Zwara) and Misrata.
Cesvi sectors of intervention are: Protection (CP, GBV, PSS), Education and Cash.
- UNHCR: Protection and life saving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli – urban areas)
- UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Urban areas and IDP camps)
- UNFPA: Increasing the capacity of women, men, boys and girls to prevent and respond to gender-based violence (Tripoli- urban areas)
- EUTF: Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations (Misrata – 4 detention centres and urban areas)
- EIDHR: Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya (Misrata – urban areas)
The collaboration will start by the end of January 2019.
The Programme Manager Tripoli is responsible for the overall coordination of the implementation of projects in Tripoli (with likely expansion to Zwara), in close coordination with the senior management team composed by the Head of Mission, the Technical Unit Coordinator, the MEAL Manager, the Operations Manager and the Area Administrator.
In particular, s/he will contribute to:
- Ensuring that Cesvi Country programme portfolio is executed on time, on budget and delivers the expected outputs, outcomes and impact
- Ensuring strategic coherence and vision of the newly defined country strategy and programming, based on active participation in the conduction of assessment, drafting new proposals and amendments
- Ensuring a strong and consistent Cesvi representation in Cluster, Working group and donors meeting in Tripoli.
- Constant supervision of project and project managers in Tripoli, to monitor rate of spending in each projects in Tripoli and coordinating project managers in direct implementation, ensuring full procedural compliance
- Review of any variations / amendments for the extension or revision of the projects
- Supervise the distribution of cash and NFI ( new and current emergencies)
- Coordinate missions to Tripoli
- Active participation in the new donors acquisition: identification of new projects within Cesvi’s sector, coordinate the entire process of finalizing new proposals in collaboration with the senior management team
- Coordinate assessment in the country in coordination with the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Give inputs to HoM, Area Administrator and Security Manger in the revision of the internal procedures manual and guidelines related to effective PCM
- Give inputs to HoM and Area Administrator for office management and resource planning, including ensuring compliance in financial operation, budgeting and administration
- Participate to cluster meetings, WG in Tripoli
- Solid experience in program management (at least 5 years), including project cycle management, proposal writing, budget development and management, internal and external reporting
- Knowledge of finance monitoring and follow up tools
- Field experience and broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post- conflict contexts, and specific operational experience with refugee, emergency and recovery programming
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations, including remote management
- Demonstrated experience in meeting high, evidence-based monitoring and evaluation standards
- Experience with different donors, including UNHCR and EU
- HR staff management of both expats and national staff in challenging environments
- Proven experience of capacity building, training and coaching
- Experience delivering programmes to tight deadlines
- Ability for rapid analysis of very complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic learning and priorities into operational strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multiethnic team
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated location with ever changing security scenarios
- Good computer and IT skills
- Strong communication and writing skills in English
- Prior experience in Libya
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security protocols
- Knowledge of Arabic
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.