Cesvi is present with a coordination office in Nairobi to supervise the projects in the country and to support the ongoing operations in Somalia at logistic, administrative and institutional level.
In Kenya Cesvi’s intervention focuses on protection and justice.
In Somalia, in the regions of Hiraan, Galmudug,and Banadir, Cesvi is involved in health and nutrition, resilience, food security and livelihoods, emergency response to the current drought crisis in both urban and rural settings.
The collaboration will start in September 2017
Duty station: main office in Nairobi with possibility of countrywide travels (Kenya and Somalia)in accordance with project needs and security clearance.
The incumbent will respond to the HQ Desk Officer and to the Head of Mission. S/he will work in close collaboration with all the Area Managers and the Project Managers (PMs), both national and international.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY
• Provides leadership, oversight and guidance on program strategy, direction and implementation.
• Ensures program compliance with donor management and reporting standards including oversight of program narrative reporting.
• Supports the development and implementation of appropriate M&E and centralized data collection systems.
• Develops and implements internal mechanisms for institutional learning, quality control mechanisms, and programmatic integration.
• Ensures programming meets Minimum Standards, in alignment with externally recognized best practices.
• Continually reviews program performance to ensure that objectives are met according to program plans, log frames and agreements, and conducts regular program review meetings.
• Provides oversight of program budgets, forecasts and expenditures, ensuring spending is closely monitored and aligned to workplans, in collaboration with the Finance Department.
• Represents Cesvi in Cluster Meetings, Program Coordination, UN/NGO meetings, and various Nairobi levels forums, in agreement with the Head of Mission.
• Provides technical assistance to programs, as required.
PROGRAM DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
• Leads the design and development process of new projects, together with country-based and head office program staff and partners, in alignment with Cesvi’s priorities and strategies.
• Supports the implementation of the Country Strategic Plan.
• Trains and builds the capacity of national staff on program design, development and implementation, as needed.
• Conducts new assessment visits to new areas, in-country, as required.
• Effective supervision, motivation, performance management and direct line management of Area Managers and any other relevant programming staff.
• Manages and develops in-country donor relationships and overall donor development strategies in close collaboration with the Head of mission
• Collaborates with the Head of Mission to establish long term growth strategy for each of current and new donors.
Master’s degree in development or equivalent work experience in a similar role
At least 5 years of proven experience in management of projects and/or programs
Experience with writing and managing institutional donors projects (i.e., ECHO, EU, USAID, DFID, etc.);
Proven tracks of success in project identification and in drafting proposal with special focus on both emergency response and development.
Ability to train and mentor staff on project proposal writing and M&E
Experience in M&E and reporting.
Ability and willingness to travel regularly in the field in Kenya and especially in Somalia (according to security conditions);
Proven team working skills, adaptability and flexibility;
Proven ability to work under stress and with tight deadline;
Strong communication skills;
Excellent written and spoken English;
Excellent IT skills.
Experience working in emergency contest especially in East Africa;
Knowledge of Somalia;
Experience of working in remote management
Experience in managing development and emergency programs at field-level.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.