CESVI was one of the first Italian NGOs to intervene in Ukraine, from the early stages of the war and the first to reach Bucha. Since the first days of the conflict, CESVI has intervened in the oblast of Bucha/Kyiv, and with the Alliance2015 in Khmelnytskyi and Ternopil, Poltava, Zaporizhizhia, assisting the local population and the IDPs with psychological support for children and adults, financial support, NFI for IDPs collective centres and humanitarian hubs, rehabilitation and equipment of kindergartens, equipment and support of heating points during the months of winter aggravated from electricity shortages due to the missile attacks on the infrastructure, and contribution to humanitarian aid convoys to distribute primary goods.
CESVI will expand its presence in the oblast of Kharkiv, Mykolaiv and Kherson responding to the needs of the population in the front-line areas in cooperation with its international and national partners with cash, Wash, MHPSS and child protection assistance.
The collaboration will start on 1° June 2023.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Kyiv, with regular missions in the field of implementation of the project Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, and Kherson when the security conditions will allow it.
The Protection specialist is responsible for the technical guidance in the implementation of protection activities in Ukraine.
In particular, s/he will contribute to:
· Ensuring the technical implementation of the activities as per expected outputs, outcomes and impact, and the timeline from all partners involved in the consortium
· Ensuring the quality of protection assistance provided by the staff of the consortium through the provision of tools, training and other means to the staff involved in the protection activities
· Ensuring the application of protection principles in all activities of the program
· Provide technical guidance on the implementation of protection-related activities, ensuring that project deliverables and activities are of high quality.
· In coordination with the Programme Manager develop a relevant and effective strategy for protection and integration with other sectors.
· Work within the framework of the IASC guidelines for mental health and psychosocial support in emergency settings, Sphere standards and Child Protection Minimum Standards.
· Review and create if needed program materials and tools (e.g. provide training materials, tools and training reports for review, and receive input on the development of materials etc.
· Provide technical guidance on the implementation of protection activities, delivering training to strengthen the capacity of the consortium partners on Protection mainstreaming, Child Safeguarding (CS), Protection from Sexual Exploitation Abuse (PSEA) policies, safeguarding, Protection case management
· Monitor and evaluate all project aspects, including proper identification of beneficiaries, according to protection minimum standards and principles and CESVI’s standards and procedures, with a view to recommending appropriate action for enhanced project implementation and monitoring.
· Keep abreast of policies, international standards, and best practices relating to the rights of IDPs, and vulnerable populations, and in particular, protection of women’s and children's rights
· Work with the protection staff of the consortium partners to ensure supervision of activities implemented by the local partners providing technical guidance where needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in humanitarian assistance, social work, human rights, international law, social studies or another appropriate field; Postgraduate degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years’ experience implementing similar programming in emergency or complex emergency settings; of which at least 3 years must be in the field of Protection in emergency
· Technical knowledge of protection standards and principles with proven experience in using IASC guidelines for mental health and psychosocial support in emergency settings and minimum standards for Child Protection
· Proven experience in delivering protection training in emergency settings
· Proven experience in delivering case management for adults and children in emergency settings
· Proven experience in capacity building of national and international staff in protection programming, standards and principles
· Proven experience in integrating protection with other sectors such as cash, wash, and education
· Demonstrates commitment to gender equality. Promote and integrates gender analysis and mainstreaming into humanitarian programming
· Fluency in English (written and spoken
· Solid knowledge of NGO procedures, approaches and operations
· Ability to produce timely project proposals and high-quality narrative reports
- Postgraduate degree in Protection
- Prior experience in Ukraine
- Experience in promotion of CSO organizational development, local actor capacity building also through third-party financing
- Certified attendance to personal security training such as HEAT
CESVI has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
CESVI commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
CESVI pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their applications.