Tender Notice Rif N°: CESVI-ZIMBABWE/IOT/01-2018 per la fornitura di 6 pivot (impianti di irrigazione) a rotazione centrale di altezza elevata, da impiegarsi nell’implementazione di due progetti in Zimbabwe: “CROPS – CReate OPportunities for a Sustainable agriculture and livestock development to enhance the resilience of Beitbridge and Mwenezi communities’’, finanziato da AICS- Maputo e ’’PROGRESS – Program for Growth and Resilience’’, finanziato da UNDP nell’ambito del programma ZRBF.
Cesvi is an International NGO with its Head office in Italy, via Broseta 68/a, 24128 Bergamo and is registered in Zimbabwe as a welfare organisation with registration number 6/2004 located at no. 14 Natal Road, Belgravia, Harare.
Cesvi is implementing two projects entitled
“CROPS – CReate OPportunities for a Sustainable agriculture and livestock development to enhance the resilience of Beitbridge and Mwenezi communities’’, financed by AICS- Maputo
“PROGRESS – Program for Growth and Resilience’’, financed by UNDP under the ZRBF program.
With the present document, we are inviting interested companies to present quotations to the following International Open Tender for the supply of 6 ultra-high centre pivots as indicated below;
- Location of Irrigation Scheme: SHASHE (22.098886°S 29.293909°E). Description: The scheme requires 1 x 48 HA ultra-high clearance centre pivot;
- Location of Irrigation Scheme: DOMBOLIDENJE (21.631630°S 29.440157°E). Description: The scheme requires 1 x 16 HA ultra-high clearance centre pivot;
- Location of Irrigation Scheme: RIVER RANCH (22.149721°S 29.921927°E). Description: The scheme requires 1 x 30 HA ultra-high clearance centre pivot;
- Location of Irrigation Scheme: KWALU (21.744659°S 29.623762°E). Description: The scheme requires 1 x 34 HA and 1 x 26HA ultra-high clearance centre pivot;
- Location of Irrigation Scheme: MUROVE (21.104340°S 30.502716°E). Description: The scheme requires 1 x 30 HA ultra-high clearance centre pivot.
Detailed specifications are mentioned in the tender documents belove.
Terms & Conditions:
All national and international suppliers/firms/companies can collect the tender documents from Cesvi Country Office, located at No#: 14 Natal road, Belgravia, Harare. Tender documents can be collected from 09:00 hrs to 16:30 Hrs between Monday to Thursday and 09:00 Hrs to 14:00 Hrs on Friday until 26th of November, 2018 at 12:00Hrs local time. Tender documents can be downloaded on the following website; https://www.cesvi.eu/ or https://www.cesvi.org.
- Tender Notice is also published on websites ( https://globaltenders.com/).
- Sealed tenders/bids must be submitted with 2 envelopes marked A (technical information) & B (financial offer). Bids submitted without all the asked documents and signing of Annexes A, B, C, D and E may not be considered for further
- A field site visit can be arranged by contacting: email@example.com between the 19th to the 23rd November
- Sealed tenders must be submitted by the 03rd December 2018,12:00Hrs at Cesvi Country Office (Address stated above in point # 1) and should be marked as “Not to be opened before 10:00 hrs on 04th December
- Electronic bidding is NOT ALLOWED, failure to take heed will automatically get a disqualification
- Tenders opening session will be held in the Boardroom at “14 Natal Road, Belgravia, Harare, Zimbabwe” on 04th December, 2018 at 10:00 hrs, in the presence of bidder’s representatives (only one representative from each bidder), who wish to witness the tender opening. All Agents representing foreign companies should have a signed mandate from the companies being
- Tenderers have to obtain a guarantee in order to safeguard the faithful performance of the Contract and the fulfilment of the obligations under the Contractor which shall be provided to Cesvi after signing of the Contract. Tender guarantee should be issued by a bank covering the amount of advance payment the tenderer wishes to receive and it shall be
- Tender Committee reserve the right to increase/decrease the quantity of supplies after award of tender to the tender winner.
- Bidder must not be engaged in any corruption, fraudulent, collusive or coercive practices including but not limited to applying/bidding by multiple names/companies or submitting a fake call deposit/earnest If any bidder is found to be involved in such practices their bid will be rejected and the companies in question will be permanently black listed.
- A thorough Counter Terrorism check of all bidders will be carried out through U.S Excluded Parties List, the U.S. Treasury “Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons” and United Nations Security designation list.
- Lowest price will not be the sole criteria of selection. Quality, delivery time, relevant previous experience, back up support services near the project area and financial stability/standing of the bidder will also be considered in the selection of
- Tender Committee reserve the right to cancel/reject any or all bids/offers without assigning any
- Inquiries, request and questions about this tender can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 00 hrs, on 25th November, 2018.
- Answers will be published on Cesvi website on a rolling basis up to the 26th November, 2018, by 12:00Hrs. Inquiries by phone calls will not be entertaine.
Questions & Answers
Q1. “Pump must be able to work with solar panels”. Is this another tender. If so, please may we quote or is it for the future?
A1. SOLAR INSTALLATION IS PART OF A SEPARATE TENDER. SUPPLIERS ARE NOT REQUESTED TO QUOTE AS PART OF THIS TENDER “CESVI-ZIMBABWE/IOT/01-2018” BUT FREE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SPECIFIC TENDER WHEN IT WILL BE LAUNCHED.
Q2. When running on solar panels you require the use of a multi stage pump when using solar not a single stage centrifugal pump (specified) as single stage pumps cannot make required pressure when sunlight is low.
A2. A MULTI STAGE PUMP CAN BE QUOTED. THE TENDER DOCUMENT DOES NOT SPECIFIED A SINGLE STAGE PUMP( even to consider vsd rather than star delta for starters boxes).
Q3. I am assuming electrics from solar panels will be 380v, is it possible to quote on this?
A3. YES CORRECT. ELECTRICS WILL BE 380V. SEE A 1. ABOUT QUOTING FOR SOLAR EQUIPMENT.
Q4. 2 booster pumps are requested doing 130m3/h, 1 will be perfect for the 26ha pivot but a 34ha pivot will require a 170m3/h booster pump so will be too small.
A4. THE REQUESTED FLOW RATE IS 130 AND 100 RESPECTIVELY.
Q5. On the pivot it does not mention your preferred distance between sprinklers, as I am assuming this is for citrus we would want to put sprinklers as per the client request as you have the experience of what works best please can you provide and if you prefer dual sprinklers per drop pipe or single
A5. ONLY 1 PIVOT (34Ha) IS REQUESTED EQUIPPED WITH CITRUS PACKAGE, AS INDICATED IN THE TENDER DOSSIER. DUAL DROP PIPES UNDER CONOPY WITH ADDITIONAL INTEROW NOZZLE, ALL WITH ISOLATING VALVES, ARE REQUESTED. Dual drops every 9 metres with 3 sprinklers (CITRUS SIDE BY SIDE + INTRECROPPING) each with isolation valves.
Q6. 1x “floating river pump” doing 130m3/h is requested, but 60ha of pivot is listed needing 10.2mm/day which equates to needing a flow of 300m3/h.
A6. “FLOATING RIVER PUMPS” ARE TO COVER LIMITED PERIOD WHEN WATER IS UNAVAILABLE FROM THE REGULAR SYSTEM (SEE A 8. FOR REFERENCE on technical specifications). PLEASE REFERRED TO THE REQUESTED SPECIFICATION AND WATER DEMAND.
Q7. The document makes reference to the night storage dam and pump house. Is this to be on another tender?
A7. YES, CORRECT. NIGHT STORAGE DAM IS NEARLY COMPLETED AND PUMP HOUSE IS PART OF A SEPARATE CONTRACT.
RIVER RANCH & KWALU
Q8. Floating river pump – The river is either just a sand river or in a heavy flood so its unsuitable for a floating platform. This is a very strange request given there is no weir or dam or any permanent surface water please can we have more information such as drawing or picture of similar installation that we can get inspiration from as the designing engineer must have seen something already working that provided inspiration for this request.
A8. SUPPLIERS MUST PROPOSE OWN PUMP DESIGN THAT CAN EXTRACT WATER FROM THE RIVER WHEN IT IS AT LOW FLOW (e.g. MARCH & APRIL) BUT THEY MUST ENSURE IT DOES NOT GET FLOODED IF THERE IS A FLASH FLOOD. PUMPS MUST BE INSTALLED ON A MOUVABLE PLATFORM TO ALLOW TRACTOR TO DRAG IT INTO THE RIVER AND PULL IT OUT WHEN NOT NEEDED.
Q9. “Sand abstraction abilities” what exactly does this refer to? A pump does not do sand abstraction it is a sand borehole or well point that allows water to be abstracted from the sand through a submerged screen in the sand. A Pump does not do this.
A9. SEE A 8. ABOVE.
Q10. All tender docs say electrics must be sufficient to run a fertigator and agitator, is this to be included by us or by others?
A10. THIS IS NOT PLANNED FOR NOW BUT IT MIGHT BE ADDED IN FUTURE, THEREFORE THE PROPOSED SYSTEM SHOULD CATER FOR THE EXTRA POWER.
Il documento in PDF può essere scaricato qui.
Il dossier è disponibile a questo link.
Scarica il PDF Q&A.
Foto di Giovanni Diffidenti